Join Girls Not Brides now!
Who can join Girls Not Brides?
Membership of Girls Not Brides: The National Partnership to End Child Marriage is open to non-governmental organisations (NGOs) which endorse its Mission Statement and agree to its Membership Principles.
An ‘Associate’ status is reserved to governmental bodies, intergovernmental agencies, donors and other actors who are interested in collaborating with Girls Not Brides. To sign-up as an Associate organisation, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
How to become a member of Girls Not Brides?
You can become a member of Girls Not Brides in two simple steps:
- Please read the Mission Statement and Membership Principles below and complete the membership sign-up form. By doing so, you are affirming the commitment of your organisation to the Mission Statement and Membership Principles of the Partnership.
- Please send a scanned copy of the signed membership sign-up form to email@example.com. Please also send your logo, along with a brochure, publication or other document summarising the mission and activities of your organisation.
Mission Statement: Girls Not Brides: The National Network to End Child Marriage in Nepal
Members of Girls Not Brides: The National Network to End Child Marriage in Nepal is committed to ending child marriage, a harmful traditional practice that affects millions of children, predominantly girls, every year. As members of Girls Not Brides, we are joining together to accelerate efforts to prevent child marriage, and to support girls who are or have been married as child brides, all over the country.
Girls Not Brides will amplify the voices of girls at risk of child marriage and defend the rights of girls to health, education and the opportunity to fulfil their potential. In line with the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child and the Civil Act (Muluki Ain) of Nepal, we believe that 20 should be the minimum age of marriage for boys and girls.
In working to end child marriage, we believe that social change cannot succeed without community engagement. Members of Girls Not Brides will work together to enhance and strengthen efforts to end child marriage at community, local, national and global levels. Specifically, Girls Not Brides, Nepal chapter aims to:
- Raise awareness of the harmful impact of child marriage by encouraging open, inclusive and informed discussion at the community, local, national and international level;
- Facilitate learning and coordination between organisations working to end child marriage; and
- Mobilise all necessary policies, financial and other support to end child marriage.
We believe that we will be more effective in achieving our objectives by working together than by working alone.
Membership Principles: Girls Not Brides: The National Network to End Child Marriage in Nepal
Members of Girls Not Brides will:
- Actively contribute to the efforts of Girls Not Brides to end child marriage, recognising that ending child marriage requires community engagement and action and that national and global efforts should ultimately support local change;
- Positively and constructively engage with other members, as well as governments and other relevant actors at a local, national and global level;
- Include girls’ and young people’s voices and representation in working to end child marriage;
- Work towards ensuring that no child marries before the age of 20, in line with the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child and the Civil Act (Muluki Ain) of Nepal;
- Commit to transparency, accountability and good governance in our work to end child marriage.